Fueled processes three broad categories of personal information (known collectively as “Customer Data”):
- As a developer customer (or potential developer customer) of Fueled, you will need to provide us information to create an account and use the Services – we refer to this as “Customer Account Data.”
- As a developer customer, you may provide us with personal information of your end-users who use or interact with Your application that you’ve built on Fueled’s Platform or integrated with Fueled’s Services – we refer to this information as“Customer End-User Data.”
How Fueled Processes Customer Account DataWe, Fueled, collect and process your Customer Account Data:
- When you visit a Fueled public-facing Website like Fueled.io, sign up for a Fueled event, or make a request to receive information about Fueled or our products, like a Fueled’s white paper or a newsletter;
- When you contact Fueled’s Sales Team or Customer Support Team; and
- When you sign up for a Fueled’s account and use our products and Services.
Broadly speaking, we use Customer Account Data to:
- Perform our contract with you;
- Pursue our legitimate interests to:
- understand who our customers and potential customers are and their interests in Fueled’s products and Services,
- manage our relationship with you and other customers
- provide you with marketing materials,
- perform research (including marketing research),
- carry out core business operations such as accounting and filing taxes, and
- help detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, fraud and other abuse and/or misuse of our products and services;
- Comply with any legal obligations we may have; and
- Carry out other uses which you have consented to.
What Customer Account Data Fueled Processes When You Visit Our Website, Sign Up for a Fueled Event, or Make a Request for Information About Fueled and WhyWhen you visit our Website, sign up for a Fueled’s event or request more information about Fueled, we will collect information that you submit to us (e.g., through a web form) and we will also collect information automatically using tracking technologies like cookies. We collect this information to fulfill your request, to learn more about who is interested in our products and services, to advertise to you, and to improve our Services.Information You Share Directly: In some places on Fueled’s Websites, you can fill out web forms to ask to be contacted by our Sales Team, sign up for a marketing or a newsletter, register for a Fueled event, or take a survey. The specific personal information requested on these forms will vary based on the purpose of the form. We will ask you for information necessary for us to provide you with what you request through the form (for example, we will ask you for your email address if you want to sign up for an email newsletter and for your phone number if you want a member of our Sales Team to call you). We may also ask you for additional information to help us understand you better as a customer like your Fueled use case, your company name, or your role at your company. If you sign up to receive marketing communications from Fueled, like a newsletter, you can always choose to opt-out of further communications through a preferences page which will be linked from any marketing email you receive from Fueled. You may also contact our Customer Support Team to communicate your choice to opt-out.Information We Collect Automatically: When you visit Fueled’s Websites, including our web forms, we and service providers acting on our behalf automatically collect certain information using tracking technologies like cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. We use this information to understand how visitors to our Websites are using them, which pages and features of the Websites are most popular, and to tailor and deliver advertisements. This helps us understand how we can improve our Websites and track performance of our advertisements.We may use Google Analytics to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Website and Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visitwww.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going tohttps://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What Customer Account Data Fueled Processes When You Communicate with Our Sales or Support Teams and WhyIf you contact our Sales or Support Teams, those teams keep a record of that communication, including your contact details and other information you share during the course of the communication. We store this information to help us keep track of the inquiries we receive from you and from customers generally so we can improve our products and Services and provide training to team members. This information also helps our teams manage our ongoing relationships with our customers. Because we store a record of these communications, please be thoughtful about what information you share with our Sales and Support Teams. We will try to take appropriate measures to protect any sensitive information you share with us, but it is best to avoid sharing any personal or other sensitive information in these communications unless it is necessary for these teams to assist you.
What Customer Account Data Fueled Processes When You Sign Up for and Log into a Fueled Account and WhyWhen you sign up for a Fueled account, we ask for certain information like your contact details and billing information so we can communicate with you and so you can pay for our products and Services. We also collect some information automatically, like your IP address, when you login to your account or when Your applications or integrations built on Fueled makes requests to our Platform. We use this to understand who is using our Services and how, and to detect, prevent and investigate fraud, abuse, or security incidents.Information You Share Directly: You can also name your account (or accounts, if you have more than one). We collect this information so we know who you are, we can communicate with you about your account(s), and we can recognize you when you communicate with us through the account portal or otherwise.We also use your email address to send you information about other Fueled products, services or events in which we think you may be interested in. You can opt out of further marketing communications through your marketing preferences page linked from any marketing email you receive from Fueled. You may also contact our Customer Support Team to communicate your choice to opt-out.If you upgrade your trial account, we’ll ask you to provide our payment processor with your payment method information like a credit card and/or your billing address. Our payment processor, acting on our behalf, gathers this so we can bill you for your use of our products and Services. Our payment processor will share your billing address with Fueled. Your billing address may also be used by Fueled for tax calculation and audit purposes.
Information We Generate or Collect AutomaticallyWhen you sign up for an account with Fueled, we’ll automatically assign your account unique IDs and we’ll automatically generate API keys for each of Your accounts. These are used like a username and password to authenticate end-user accounts onto the Platform.In addition, when you use our Dashboard and Platform, we collect your IP address and other information through tracking technologies like cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. We use this information to understand how customers are using our platform, who those customers are (if they are a company and the IP address is associated with that company), what country they are logging in from (for analytics and export control purposes), and to help improve the navigation experience.Note that we also collect the IP address of your devices or servers when you make requests to our Platform. When you use our Platform, we also collect and process the information contained in those interactions.All information we collect when you sign up for a Fueled’s account and interact with the Fueled’s Dashboard or our products and Services may be used to detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, fraud, or abuse and misuse of our platform and services.
Third Party APIsYou will ensure and be responsible for Fueled’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from third party APIs or services not in compliance with such third party’s terms and services.
Other Customer Account Data We Collect and WhyWe may collect information about you from publicly-available sources so we can understand our customer base better. We may also obtain information about your company from third party providers to help us understand our customer base better, such as your industry, the size of your company, and your company’s website URL.
How Long We Retain Your Customer Account DataFueled will retain your Customer Account Data as long as needed to provide you with our Services, to operate our business, and comply with applicable laws. If you ask Fueled to delete specific Customer Account Data we will honor this request unless deleting that information prevents us from carrying out necessary business functions, like billing for our services, calculating taxes, or conducting required audits.
How Fueled Processes Customer End-User DataFor individuals located in the European Economic Area, when Fueled processes Customer End-User Data, it acts as a “processor.” Fueled will only process Customer End-User Data at the instruction of our customers (i.e., the “controller”).As a customer, your end-users’ personal information (“Customer End-User Data”) typically shows up on Fueled’s Platform in a few different ways:
- Your end-users’ personal information may be contained in the content of communications you (or your end-users) send or receive using Fueled’s products and Services.
- When you process Customer End-User Data synced through our Services to any other services you use for storing, organizing, and processing of such data.
What Customer End-User Data Fueled Processes and WhyWe use Customer End-User Data to provide Services to you and your end-users and to carry out necessary functions of our business as a communications service provider and a customer data platform.The Customer End-User Data Fueled processes when you, our customer, use our products and Services and the reason Fueled processes it depends on which Fueled products and Services you use and how you use those products and Services. For that reason, the API docs for each of our products and Services are the best place to find information about our processing of Customer End-User Data.Records containing Customer End-User Data may also be used in debugging or troubleshooting or in connection with investigations of security incidents, bugs, as well as for the purposes of detecting and preventing spam or fraudulent activity, and detecting and preventing network exploits and abuse.
How Long Do We Retain Customer End-User DataDetails regarding how long we retain Customer End-User Data and options around Customer End-User Data will depend on which Fueled’s products and Services you are using, how you are using them, and the duration for which you use our Services. For that reason, implementation documentation for each of our products and Services are the best place to find more detailed information about managing your Customer End-User Data.Please note that if you request that we delete your Customer End-User Data, it may take up to 30 days for Customer End-User Data to be completely removed from our systems. In some cases, a copy of those records, including the personal information contained in them, may be retained to carry out necessary functions like billing, invoice reconciliation, troubleshooting, and detecting, preventing, and investigating spam, fraudulent activity, and network exploits and abuse. Sometimes legal matters arise that also require us to preserve records, including those containing personal information. These matters include litigation, law enforcement requests, or government investigations. If we have to do this, we will delete the impacted records when no longer legally obligated to retain them. We may, however, retain Customer End-User Data that has been de-identified or aggregated such that your end-user cannot be identified.
When and Why We Share Customer DataBelow are the different scenarios under which we may share Customer Data with third parties.
- Third-party service providers, Subprocessors, and Consultants. Fueled engages certain third-party service providers, subprocessors, and consultants to carry out certain data processing functions to provide the Services. These third parties are limited to only accessing or using Customer Data to provide services to us and must provide reasonable assurances they will appropriately safeguard Customer Data. An up-to-date list of our subprocessors is located below.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations. We may disclose Customer Data to a third party if (i) we reasonably believe that disclosure is compelled by applicable law, regulation, legal process or a government request (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), (ii) to enforce our agreements and policies, (iii) to protect the security or integrity of our services and products, (iv) to protect ourselves, our other customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (v) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing a death or serious bodily injury. If Fueled is required by law to disclose any personal information of you or your end-user, we will notify you of the disclosure requirement, unless prohibited by law. Further, we may object to requests we do not believe to be valid.
- Amazon Web Services: Cloud Infrastructure - USA
- Google Cloud Platform: Cloud Infrastructure - USA
- Intercom: Customer Support - USA
- Stripe: Payments - USA
- Calendly: Calendar Integration - USA
- Docusign: Document and Signature Management - USA
- Google Business Suite: Customer Communication - USA
International Data TransfersAll information processed by Fueled may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
Third-Party Websites/ApplicationsThe Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Website or Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Supplemental California Privacy NoticeThis Supplemental California Privacy Notice only applies to our processing of Customer Account Data that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of personal information Fueled has collected about them and whether Fueled disclosed that personal information for a business purpose (e.g., to a service provider) in the preceding twelve months. California residents can find this information below:Category of Personal Information Collected by Fueled: Categories of Third Parties Personal Information is Disclosed to for a Business Purpose
- Identifiers: Service providers, Advertising partners
- Personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e): Service providers
- Commercial information: Service providers,
- Internet or other electronic network activity: Service providers, Advertising partners
- Professional or employment-related information: Service providers