Terms of Service
Table of contents:
Fueled is a cloud-based 1st-party data platform. We provide APIs that help eCommerce companies integrate customer data between software applications and leverage this data for marketing efforts and reporting. We created these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) to be as straightforward and easy to understand as our lawyers would permit. We are committed to keeping your data secure and being transparent about our processes. These Terms will be superseded by written agreement between Fueled and you related to the delivery of the Services.Please review the Terms carefully because they govern your use of our website located at https://fueled.io and its subdomains (collectively, the “Site”), our API located at website provided during integration (the “Platform”), and associated services related to your use of Fueled via the site provided during integration (the “Dashboard”). To make these Terms easier to read, the Site, our Platform, and the Dashboard are collectively called the “Services.” If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, then, except as otherwise provided in Section 17.f (Effect of Changes on Arbitration you may not use the Services. Please note that if you have entered into a Master Services Agreement with Fueled, that agreement may supersede these Terms except with respect to your general use of our Site.IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ARBITRATION: WHEN YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU ARE AGREEING (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND FUELED THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY SECTION 17 “DISPUTE RESOLUTION” BELOW FOR DETAILS REGARDING ARBITRATIO (INCLUDING THE PROCEDURE TO OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION).
- Agreement and Changes to Terms
- Your Fueled Account
- Access and Use of the Services
- Customer Data
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Content Ownership, Responsibility, and Removal
- General Prohibitions and Fueled’s Enforcement Rights
- DMCA/Copyright Policy
- Warranty Disclaimers
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Limitation of Liability
- Dispute Resolution
- General Terms
- Contact Information
1. Agreement and Changes to Termsa. Agreement to TermsThese terms are a binding legal commitment between you and Fueled, so please read them carefully. If you are accessing and using the Services on behalf of a company (such as your employer) or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to that company or other legal entity. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, you may not use the Services.b. Changes to Terms or ServicesWe may modify or update the Terms and Services at any time, in our sole discretion. If we revise these Terms or make changes to the Services that we believe may significantly impact your use of the Services, we’ll let you know through the Dashboard or via an email to the email address owner of your Account. If you continue to use the Services after we have communicated the modified Terms you, you are indicating to us that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
3. Your Fueled Accounta. EligibilityYou may use the Services only if you are 18 years or older and capable of forming a binding contract with Fueled and are not barred from using the Services under applicable law.b. Registration and Your InformationYou must create an account (“Account”), by signing a contract with Fueled and agreeing to pay Fueled’s subscription fees, to use our Services (except for generally visiting and interacting with our Site). You agree to provide us with accurate and complete information for your Account and to update such information, as needed, to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you do not, we may prevent you from receiving future updates, and/or suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You agree that you are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, including the activities of your Authorized Users (as defined below), whether or not you know about them.
4. Access and Use of the Servicesa. PlatformThe Platform is offered on a hosted basis at: https://fueled.io. If you leverage the Fueled Platform, the Platform will securely transfer and store your customers’ data, including personally identifiable information, from whatever sales and marketing platforms you choose to connect to our Platform. In addition, the Platform will store API credentials to connect to the sales and marketing platforms with which you choose to integrate our Services.b. Services License GrantSubject to your compliance with these Terms (and in particular the License Restrictions and Payment obligations described in Sections 4.c and 6 below), Fueled grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Platform and Services (including any related written documentation that may be provided to you by Fueled during the term of these Terms (“Documentation”) solely for the following purposes:
c. License RestrictionsYou may not allow access to or use of the Services by anyone other than individuals whom you have authorized through the methods permitted by Fueled (e.g., by assigning unique login credentials to each such individual) to use the Services solely on your behalf and for whom all applicable fees have been paid. Such individuals are referred to in these Terms as “Authorized Users,” and may include but are not limited to your employees, consultants, contractors, and agents.You may not copy any portion of the Platform, except for making a reasonable number of copies for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the Platform; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the Platform to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Platform; or (iv) make the functionality of the Platform available to anyone other than your Authorized Users except with our express written permission. Fueled reserves all rights in and to the Services not expressly granted to you under these Terms.
- To analyze your customers’ journeys on your website and measure the
performance of your eCommerce sales and marketing channels;
- To target your customers for advertising campaigns, including but
not limited to paid media, email and SMS marketing
6. Paymenta. Payment InformationTo the extent any portion of the Services is made available to you for a fee, you will be asked to select a payment plan and provide Fueled with accurate information relevant to the processing of your payments. This information may include your credit card or other payment instrument numbers, the expiration date of such payment method, and your email and postal address. You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by the payment information you provide. You agree to promptly update your Account information with any changes in your payment information.b. Agreement to PayYou agree to pay Fueled the amount that is specified in the applicable payment plan in accordance with these Terms and any other terms associated with such payment plan, and you authorize Fueled (or our third-party payment processor) to bill your payment method on a periodic basis in accordance with such terms. All amounts paid are non-refundable and we reserve the right to change our prices in the future. Fueled may choose to bill you through an invoice, in which case, full payment for invoices issued must be received by the specified date or the Services may be terminated. Late payments are subject to a finance charge of 1.5% per month, or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection. If you dispute any charges, you must notify Fueled within thirty (30) days after the date Fueled invoices you or charges your payment method, as applicable. You are responsible for all taxes associated with Services other than U.S. taxes based on Fueled’s net income. Fueled reserves the right to terminate Services for any unpaid outstanding amount that is overdue greater than thirty (30) days.c. PricingOur pricing is available on a case-by-case basis ( “Standard Pricing”). Limitations on use are subject to the order terms agreed bey us and you.d. Price ChangesIf we do change prices, we will provide notice of the change through the Dashboard and in an email to you at least 30 days before the change is to take effect. Your continued use of the Services after the price change goes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the changed amount.e. Free TrialsWe may offer a free trial during which you may use the Services up to a certain number of accounts without payment for the period of time specified on the Site when you sign up. Free trials are only available to new users when they complete registration and create an Account. Unless you cancel your free subscription prior to the end of your free trial we (or our third-party payment processor) will begin charging you the applicable service plan fee until you cancel your service plan. You will not receive a notice from us that your free trial has ended or that your service plan has begun. We reserve the right to modify or terminate free trials at any time, without notice and in our sole discretion.
7. Acceptable Use PolicyWithout limiting any other terms of these Terms, you must use the Services exclusively for authorized and legal purposes, consistent with all applicable laws, regulations and the rights of others. You will keep confidential and not disclose to any third parties any user identifications, or Account information. You acknowledge that the Services are not designed, intended or authorized for use in hazardous or mission-critical circumstances or for uses requiring fail-safe performance, or where failure could lead to death, personal injury or environmental damage. You acknowledge that our system is not designed for transaction processing or other commerce-related activities. You agree not to use the Service for such purposes or under such circumstances. The Service is not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. You must ensure that each of your Authorized Users is aware of and complies with the requirements and restrictions set forth in this paragraph.You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account (or any of your Authorized Users’ accounts), and for Authorized Users’ compliance with these Terms. You agree that these Terms are concluded between you and Fueled, and not between Fueled and your Authorized Users. You agree to (a) have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of all User Content (as defined below) and Customer Data that you (or any of your Authorized Users) input into or store using the Services; (b) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the Services, and notify Fueled promptly of any such unauthorized access or use; and (c) comply with all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws in using the Services.
8. FeedbackWe welcome feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
10. General Prohibitions and Fueled’s Enforcement Rights
Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services or any individual element within the Services, Fueled’s name, any Fueled trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Fueled’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Fueled’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Fueled’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Fueled system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Fueled or any of Fueled’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Fueled or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Fueled trademark, logo URL or product name without Fueled’s express written consent;
- Use the Services or Content, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing
11. DMCA/Copyright PolicyFueled respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is Fueled’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Account holders who repeatedly infringe the rights of copyright holders.
12. Warranty DisclaimersTHE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content.
13. Links to Third Party WebsitesThe Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
14. TerminationWe may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Services or your access thereto, the following provisions of these Terms will survive: Payment, Feedback; the first paragraph of Content Ownership, Responsibility and Removal regarding Fueled’s ownership of the Content and Services; Termination; Confidentiality; Warranty Disclaimers; Indemnity; Limitation of Liability; Dispute Resolution; and General Terms 6.b, 8, 10, 11, 12, this sentence of Section 14, and 15 through 18.
15. IndemnityYou will indemnify and hold harmless Fueled and its officers, directors, employee and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services or Content, (ii) your User Content, or (iii) your violation of these Terms.
16. Limitation of LiabilityNEITHER FUELED NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT FUELED HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.IN NO EVENT WILL FUELED’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO FUELED FOR THE USE OF THEIR SERVICES IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE INCIDENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO FUELED, AS APPLICABLE.THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN FUELED AND YOU.
17. Dispute Resolutiona. Mandatory Arbitration of DisputesWe each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Services or Content (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and Fueled agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms, and that you and Fueled are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.b. Exceptions and Opt-outAs limited exceptions to Section 17.a above: (i) you may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights. In addition, you will retain the right to opt out of arbitration entirely and litigate any Dispute if you provide us with written notice of your desire to do so by email or regular mail at the contact information listed in Section 20 within thirty (30) days following the date you first agree to these Terms.c. Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration RulesThe arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org. If your claim is for U.S. $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic or video-conference hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds U.S. $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, and scope of this arbitration agreement.d. Arbitration CostsPayment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. We’ll pay for all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and expenses if your Dispute is for less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.e. Class Action WaiverYOU AND FUELED AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section will be null and void.f. Effect of Changes on ArbitrationNotwithstanding the provisions of Section 1.b above, if Fueled changes any of the terms of this Section 17 after the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (including by email to email@example.com) within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated” date above or in the date of Fueled’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and Fueled in accordance with the terms of this Section 17 as of the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms).g. SeverabilityWith the exception of any of the provisions in Section 17.e of these Terms, if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Terms will still apply.
18. General Termsa. Governing LawThese Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 17, the exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes between you and Fueled will be the state and federal courts located in Denver, Colorado, and you and Fueled each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.b. Entire AgreementThese Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Fueled and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Fueled and you regarding the Services and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.c. No AssignmentYou may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Fueled’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Fueled may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.d. NoticesAny notices or other communications provided by Fueled under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.e. Waiver of RightsFueled’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Fueled. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
19. Contact InformationIf you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact Fueled at firstname.lastname@example.org